Scar tissue is a beauty concern for many people. When the natural skin has been damaged beyond its first layer, scar tissue is the tissue which replaces it. Scar tissue is the same tissue as healthy skin even though it looks different. This is because the fibers are arranged differently within the tissue.
Scars can form for a variety of reasons including cuts, scrapes, acne, minor burns, bites, surgery or fungal infections. Anyone is prone to getting a scar at one time or another. The important thing to remember is that scars will eventually fade. The extent to which they fade depends on genetics.
However, there are some natural ways to get rid of, or lighten, scar tissue. Do you know what to use and how to use it?
Contains fatty acids that act as an antioxidant. This oil can prevent and reverse radical damage. It can also stimulate collagen production while softening the skin to speed the healing process.
• Warm 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin coconut oil in the microwave.
• Gently massage the warm oil in a circular motion on the affected area until it is absorbed into the skin.
• Repeat several times on a daily basis until the desired results are achieved.
Well known for regenerating skin tissue. It can also help to reduce the size and appearance of scars.
• Peel the outer green leaf off the plant.
• Apply the gel-looking substance, from the plant, and massage for several minutes.
• Leave it to dry on the skin and then rinse with warm water.
• Apply several times a day for 1 to 2 months.
Has extraordinary antioxidant properties and can also stimulate collagen as well as moisturize the skin while healing scars.
• Extract the liquid from a Vitamin E capsule or use Vitamin E cream.
• Gently massage in a circular motion for about 10 minutes or until completely absorbed.
• Repeat 2-3 times a day.
• Also, incorporate foods high in Vitamin E into your diet. Foods such as hazelnuts, safflower oil, almonds and peanut butter are all high in Vitamin E.
Works as a natural bleaching agent due to its alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) and can fade scars. AHA is known to remove dead skin cells while regenerating and repairing damaged skin. Note: When using this technique, be sure to use sunscreen on the treated area whenever going out into the sun. Lemon juice will make that area sensitive to light.
• Extract fresh lemon juice from a lemon and apply it to the scar.
• Allow the juice to dry on the skin for approximately 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
• Apply some moisturizer.
• Repeat twice daily for several weeks
Apple Cider Vinegar
Has various exceptional properties including being an astringent and a natural disinfectant. It can exfoliate the skin and also remove dead skin cells.
• Dip a cotton ball into the apple cider vinegar and apply it to the scar.
• Leave it on the scar for 10-15 minutes before washing it off.
• Apply moisturizer.
• Repeat this process a few times a day for a few weeks.
Can rejuvenate the skin cells. lavender oil helps to increase the cell turnover rate which will prevent the scars from becoming permanent.
• Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to the scar.
• Gently massage the scar in a circular motion for approximately 10-15 minutes.
• You can also mix equal parts of the lavender oil and olive oil and then apply this mixture to the scar and massage for a few minutes.
• Repeat either method twice daily for several weeks.